While choosing the right offshoring partner is one of the most challenging tasks that organizations face today.
Offshoring isn't a modern phenomenon. While choosing the right offshoring partner is one of the most challenging tasks that organizations face today. Offshoring is more or less mainstream and culturally accepted within the accounting industry. As a result, you can ask yourself some questions before selecting an “Offshore Staffing Partner”.
- Does the chosen partner have some prior experience?
- Has your chosen offshore service provider been able to provide your business with high-quality services?
- Is your preferred partner technologically advanced?
- Does your offshoring Partner have trained professionals?
If you're looking for the right offshore staffing partner, here are some things to think about. These tips can help you ensure that you find the best offshore partner for your business.
- High Security - Data privacy and security measures are the foremost priority of the accounting industry. Ensure the data security & IT protocols they have implemented to safeguard and avoid the risk of the data breach. Ask challenging questions like compliance, security certifications, policies, and processes. If required, you can also insist on having a virtual tour of their office.
- Right talent for the long term - With offshore staff, you can eliminate long recruitment processes and instantly hire the right talent. Accounting firms who have clients with unpredictable growth or hiring seasons are better suited with offshore staffing providers capable of scaling up quickly to meet your varying frequency hiring demands.Your offshore partner should provide you with efficient staff, understands your vision, and stays with you for long term.
- They should be Industry Expert - Your Offshore Partner must know the accounting Industry and work exclusively with the accounting firms only. Also they should not work with any businesses, so there won’t be any conflict of interest with the clients.
- Recommended by experts and clients - Do your due diligence on various social media platforms to find if your offshore staffing partner has been recommended by other CPA’s or industry experts for their work and do not forget to check their reviews as well.
- Avoid mom and pop shops - Try to avoid freelancers or small groups for offshore staffing as you are not sure of their survival. Neither can you rely on their commitments and services, resulting in delay in the clients' deliverable.
- Do take reference - Contact some of its customers and collect information and testimony about their experience. Before you know about your offshore partner, it is good to know how many others have heard about them and their positive feedback. Good references can always ease decision-making.
- Certification & Accreditation - Before choosing the offshore staffing firm to work with, validate all the above points stated with the relevant certification, accreditation, policies and processes.
Also visit : 8 Points Accountants shall consider before hiring an Offshoring Partner
Jack Owens, CPA - discovered the real power of offshore Staffing
Jack is President of JE Owens & Company, has been in public accounting for 35+ years, based out of Orlando, FL. He had 4 staff members when he started out with Entigrity and was catering to small and mid-size businesses only in central Florida. Today he has 6 in-house staff members and 4 offshore staff with Entigrity.
You can watch his interview on our YouTube Channel.
Entigrity™ is a trusted offshore staffing partner to over 550+ accountants, CPAs, and tax firms across the US and Canada. Our flexible and transparent hiring model gives helps firms of all sizes to hire staff for accounting, bookkeeping, tax preparation, or any other task for 75% less cost. As a firm 'run by accountants, for the accountants', Entigrity captures the hiring needs of accounting firms most precisely, providing staff that works directly under your control and management, still, you are left with least to worry about compliance, payroll taxes, overheads or any other benefits.