ENTIGRITY VOLLEYBALL TOURNAMENT
Volleyball was dubbed Mintonette because to its resemblance to badminton. However, Alfred Halstead eventually dubbed it volleyball since the goal of the game was to volley the ball back and forth over a net.
VOLLEYBALL BASIC RULES
- Server must serve from behind the end line (dark green/blue) until after contact.
- Ball may be served underhand or overhand.
- Ball must be clearly visible to opponents before serve.
- Served ball may graze the net and drop to the other side for a point.
- First game serve is determined by a volley, each subsequent game shall be served by the previous game loser.
- Serve must be returned by a bump only. No setting or attacking a serve.
- Rally scoring will be used.
- There will be a point scored on every score of the ball.
- Offense will score on a defense miss or out of bounds hit.
- Defense will score on an offensive miss, out of bounds hit, or serve into the net.
- Game will be played to 25 points.
- Must win by 2 points.
- Team will rotate each time they win the serve.
- Players shall rotate in a clockwise manner.
- There shall be 6 players on each side.
Last weekend, Entigrity hosted a Volleyball Tournament (EVT), and it was amazing to get up early and warm up for an intense Volleyball tournament. Both teams are fiercely competitive, and the last set went down to the wire.
The most intriguing part was when one of the strikers made a mistake while both teams were on the same point, he eventually crossed the goal line, and the other team won. The VA squad was ecstatic; they had a large audience behind them, but they lost because of that gaffe.
Everyone performed an excellent job, and the winners received trophies. Congratulations to the 2021 tournament champions "Chicago Untouchables," as well as everyone who participated in this great competition.